Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dreaming of an Aga

I read this lady's blog faithfully. Probably because she leads a life I dream I'd like to lead. In the country, a stack of kids, lots of animals and home crafted things. Ok, I spend quite a lot of time in the country, but somehow the German Eifel is not quite Maine, a son, a cat and a dog, however demanding I find them are not four kids (and one to come) and a farm and I craft more than I probably should but not as much as I'd like to. But then again, I am very grateful for what I have and I probably wouldn't really want to live in the country as much as I think I would. Nipping on the tram to see my friends at a whim is not really an option then AND we'd need another car, which I am happy that we don't have. But Amanda Soule and I do have one thing in common we dream of an Aga at the heart of our homes.

Picture from www.aga-ranges.com

An Aga isn't just a cooker or a way to heat your house, it is a way of life. It is the best way to bake, especially Lasange. Nothing quite beats coming in out of the rain and leaning against one. How many induction cookers can you lean against to warm yourself whilst you sip your tea or chat with the family? Yes I dream about one. One day, when we live in a house (with props in the cellar to stop the beast from crashing through the floor!).

No comments:

Post a Comment