Monday, February 15, 2010

I’ve been meaning to show you a present that I got for my birthday. Helen, my mum, made me a new quilt. It was meant to be a replacement for the old one that serves us well, keeps us warm and lives on our sofa it is at least 25 years old and used to be dark blues and reds. Well since I snook it away from her when I was about 13 (it wasn’t made for me, but I always like it and it did go so well my room as a kid) it has been a faithful part of my home where ever I have been. It is no longer blue or red of made of brushed cotton. It is more kind of pale blue and the cotton is soft, but there is certainly no “brush” left on it. As you can probably imagine, it’s not a replacement. We now have two quilts on our sofa now. A nice new one and a comfy old one.



Once a week I spent the evening with friends. Really, I should say at least once a week I spend an evening with friends without family or chosen family. I get a whole evening just to chat. For a working mother of a toddler that is something quite special. I enjoy it. This week I spent the evening with a friend who has just quit her regular job (a successful buyer for a big aviation company) to follow her dream to live from her art. Okay, she has her husband’s financial support, but more importantly she has the will to make something of something she is passionate about. I admire her so much for that. We talked a lot about it on Monday. I am inspired. Go for it, woman! No names yet as she still has colleagues who don’t know. But believe me, when all her immediate colleagues know, then I shall be showing you what she is up to right here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment