Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Speed and Music

 Wednesday I spent a lovely evening with dinner, friends and sewing. Yes, Heather we will be finished with our tops by the time summer comes around again! Carried by that nice evening, I got into the car and sped through the night to hubby and bubby. Me, who thinks continuously about how to reduce her carbon footprint, how to reuse, recycle, gather etc etc… has one big weakness. I think it might be one of the reasons I love to live in this country. Well it certainly isn’t the autumn weather that keeps me here! It is German motorways. As most people know they have no general speed limits. That means on an empty night motorway heading out of town away from the city, they are empty. I really did speed into the night and chanced on Coldplay live from Roskilde (last summer) on the radio. Speed. Loud. Perfect.


The rest of the long weekend was spent doing earthy things like mushroom collecting and walking (and the last blueberries of the year), and kiddie things like playing on swings and speeding down the drive on a Bobby Car (my son and nieces have a taste for speeding in/on cars too).

 
There was one particularly great moment when Yorck put some of his cousin’s stones into a small watering can and started to make music. He used it like a drum, “banging” it to his inner beat, he danced for about 10 minutes. These kids never cease to amaze me with their creativity and zeal for life and all its opportunities. 

There was a music and speed theme to the weekend – even I was the only one to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment